- MAC AND CHEESE
- 2 cups butternut squash cubes, cooked
- 3/4 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup cheese or cheese alternative
- 200 g cooked macaroni
- 1/4 tsp salt
- CRUMB TOPPING
- 5 tbsp parmesan cheese or vegan parmesan
- approximately 5 slices crushed Ryvita Crispbread, your choice
- black pepper pinch, to taste
- 1 tbsp margarine, melted
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- On a medium heat, heat the milk, margarine, butternut squash, cheese and salt.
- Once the squash is soft, blend the mixture with a hand blender or in a blender. Mix the sauce with the cooked macaroni.
- Pour the mac and cheese mix into an oven proof dish.
- Mix the parmesan, crushed Ryvita crispbreads, melted margarine and black pepper.
- Sprinkle over the mac and cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.